Table of contents
The Phone casino only services in the UK and Ireland. Like many top-notch operators, it has a dual licence issued by the UK Gambling Commission and the Alderney Gambling Control Commission.
- United Kingdom Gambling Commission – the UKGC is one of the most trusted gambling regulators in the world. It manages the legal compliance of online casinos. One of its goals is to guarantee fair gaming and that the players are not cheated. The UKGC does not entertain player complaints. But to help players, it requires online operators to have a dispute specialist who received an accreditation from UKGC.
- Alderney Gambling Control Commission – the commission was established in the year 2000. Its goal is to regulate eGambling facilities. It is a non-political group that issues licences to online gambling facilities. Alderney is part of the British Channel Islands, the third largest one, and is not within the jurisdiction of the UK or the European Union. This is why if a gambling facility wants to operate in the States of Alderney, it has to secure a licence from this body.
Welcome Bonus and Promotions of The Phone Casino
Currently, The Phone Casino bonus is running at £1,500. However, this is spread in five deposits, which means you will not get a lump sum. There is no minimum deposit for each of the five, but the matchup is limited to 100%. To get the £1,500 deposit bonus, you must shell out a total of £1,500 spread out in increments of £300 per deposit.
It also offers a referral bonus. If your friends sign up for an account, your friend will get £10, and you will get £25 credited to your account.
One unusual promotion that happens daily is the offer for 100 free spins. There is no deposit and no wagering requirement. You just have to register, and you will get a chance to win these free spins. If you win, you can either cash it out or play it in hundreds of slot games.
Sometimes, the company also offers the following prizes instead of free spins:
- VIP holidays
- £1 million
What many gamblers find annoying is that you need to meet a 100X wagering requirement before you can withdraw your payout. This is practically a useless bonus to many players and winning seems like an impossibility.
Games Offered by the Phone Casino
This is home to many popular games. Here we will list the game categories that you can expect once you register.
- Slots – it has more than 200 slots. What it does that only a few casinos can contend is the availability of three-reel slots. It also offers 5-reel and 7-reel games. The most popular titles, by far, are the following:
- Reels of Luck
- Gods of Giza
- Crazy Jewels
- Bikini Party
- Loose Cannon
- Black Sheep
- Dragon Dance
- Roulette – a true gambler’s favourite, the lobby offers five games. These are:
- Auto Rloulette
- Live Roulette
- Immersive Roulette
- Double Zero Roulette
- European Roulette
- Blackjack – there are 15 tables to choose from. The most notable ones are :
- Face Up Blackjack
- Five Card Blackjack
- Single Deck Blackjack
- Video Poker – the lobby shows 16 variants of Video Poker. The best ones are the following:
- Jacks or Better
- Aces & Faces
- Joker Poker
- Deuces Wild
- Scratch Cards – there are 24 scratch cards to choose from. All of these have varying amounts of jackpot prizes.
- Skill Games – this lobby is somewhat misleading. The games available to the player are not all based on skills. Several of them are still based on luck. There are 11 games here. And some of the games that do not require skills are Spin Lotto, Boss Lotto, and roulette.
- Baccarat – there are only three games in the lobby. These are baccarat, baccarat squeeze, and Risk It.
- Keno – interestingly, there is only one game in this lobby and it is not keno but bingo.
The casino is available both on browsers and on mobile. Some games require no download. But there is a difference between browser-based and mobile-based games you can play.
In the mobile version, there are over 210 slots available, but you can find around 290 on the desktop version. The same goes with other games. Below is a table that compares the number of games available per platform.
Payment Options for Deposits & Withdrawals
Upon registration, the system will ask for your country and phone number. To register, you must follow these steps.
- Click Register on the homepage menu
- Select your country of residence
- Enter your mobile number
- Click on the Send button
- Wait for the SMS verification code
- Enter this verification code
- Log in and play
Although you may receive 100 free spins, you need to put real money in your casino account if you want to get the Deposit Bonus.
There are several methods by which a player can deposit, but not as extensive as other casinos. These payment methods are:
- Credit Cards – the casino accepts major credit cards like Visa, Mastercard, and Maestro
- Skrill – this company used to be called Moneybookers. It is an online payment processor. Signing up for an account is free. You can use Skrill to send and receive money, shop online, trade Forex, and as a means for depositing and withdrawing funds via gambling sites.
- Paysafe Card – this company is a subsidiary of Paysafe Holdings UK Limited. It is a leading global online prepaid card used primarily for online transactions. This is a physical card that you must buy from store outlets. You can choose between £10, £25, £50, £75, and £100. Once you have the card, you can use it as you would normally use a credit card. One advantage of having this card is that it has a limited amount. This means that merchants who attempt to charge you with monthly subscriptions (without your knowledge) will get declined.
- Pay by Mobile – this is the new trend that many telecommunications companies offer. You can deposit funds to your account without a credit card or any link to a financial institution. The amount will be billed to your telco.
As for withdrawal, a player might find himself limited by the options. You can only withdraw via credit card or bank transfer.
One thing you must always remember is that you can only withdraw to a credit card if the credit card was used to deposit funds. In addition to that, the card must have been used to deposit a minimum of £3.
Here is a summary of the withdrawal information one needs to know:
- Withdrawal methods – credit card and bank transfer
- Withdrawal timeframe – 1-5 working days. This means that the casino will initiate your withdrawal during this time. The actual transit of your money to your bank account can take more than this. The average time it takes for credit cards to reflect any deposit is 30 days. Banks can take 3-5 business days.
- Maximum withdrawal amount – £200
- Minimum withdrawal amount – £100 if transferring to a bank. There is no minimum if you are transferring no a card.
The casino does not offer a 24/7 service. The Contact Us link is easily accessible through the upper left corner of the home page. The casino only offers three customer support channels: email, snail mail, and live chat.
The live chat only operates between 9AM to 10PM from Monday to Friday. On weekends, you can only expect support from 12AM to 8PM. Both of these operating hours of support are in UK time. It is also important to note that the casino support does not operate during UK holidays.
The site does not publish a phone number for non-members. Once you register, phone support will be available to you and you may call the casino at 0208 815 5093.
Restricted or Accepted Countries, Currencies, and Languages
The Phone Casino only services the UK. It has added Ireland recently in its operations. It only supports English language and GBP for currency.
Game Developers and Providers
The Phone Casino is heavily partnered with Microgaming. And this is but natural since Microgaming is the true pioneer of mobile gaming. The casino is also a venue for other software and game providers. A summary for each one is shown below:
- Microgaming – one of the biggest names in the online casino industry. It is known for launching the first online casino back in 1994 and the first mobile casino in 2004. Because of its global presence, it is not unnatural that it also holds the world record for the largest slot jackpot ever awarded to a player at £3.7 million.
- Big Time Gaming – one of the key players in the slots industry. It prides itself on delivering big wins from its games that are hosted by the world’s largest casino operators. Its most current product is TapCards—a multi-tiered scratch card.
- NYX Gaming Group Limited – an old timer in the online casino industry. NYX designs, manufactures, and distributes games not just in online casinos buy in land-based casinos, too. Apart from the games and the software, the company is also a leading provider of distribution platforms. The company is known to operate in Europe, Asia, Australia, and the UK.
- Thunderkick – this is a relatively new player that began operations in 2012 with a strong focus on online casinos. It operates in hundreds of sites and has a dual licence from the UKGC and the Malta Gaming Authority.
- WMS – is a popular manufacturer of slot machines based out of Chicago, Illinois. The company does not only specialize in online applications, they also create video lottery terminals. The games are compatible with desktop and mobile devices.
- QuickSpin – as the name implies, it specializes in video slots. Its flagship game is Dwarfs Gone Wild. It operates in two headquarters. One is in Sweden and the other one is in Malta.
- ELK Studios – the company prides itself by using complex mathematical algorithms in their games. It has hundreds of games running in multiple operator casinos. Recently, it announced the release of a new game, Joker Gems, which will come out in September 2018.
The Phone Casino review that we have here so far tells us that there is much to be expected from the company.
It did a good job of creating a mobile-friendly casino. The design is not intimidating, as it tries to emulate non-cash mobile casino games. It appears to be just another innocent mobile platform that does not require money.
A big plus for the casino is the dual licence. Very few casinos are credible enough to be regulated by two governing bodies.
A significant opportunity for the company is global accessibility. It only hosts games to two countries. As such, it is missing a huge chance to become one of the biggest casinos in the online world. It has to operate beyond the UK and Ireland.
One thing it may also consider changing is the diversity of games. Currently, it is focused on slots only, with very few table games to choose from. Although the company offers scratch cards and other games, the selection is not wide enough to entice players, even if these players are from the UK. One must ask why he would register in this casino when he can have more fun and more options in other casino facilities.
Lastly, the casino’s promotions are not that enticing. The bonus and 100 free spins may be good enough to attract players, but there is a serious catch that can deter players away: the lack of withdrawal options. The casino must exert efforts to add more payment and withdrawal methods to attract more clients.