Table of contents
- 1 A Brief History of Casino Classic
- 2 Classic Bonuses and Promotions
- 3 Games Offered by Casino Classic
- 4 Available Platforms
- 5 Payment Options for Deposits and Withdrawals
- 6 Customer Service
- 7 Restricted or Accepted Countries, Currencies, and Supported Languages
- 8 Game Developers and Providers
- 9 Conclusion
The company has a dual license. One is from the United Kingdom Gambling Commission and the other is from Malta Gaming Authority. This is probably the best feature of the company. Very few casinos have dual licences coming from two governing bodies.
- United Kingdom Gambling Commission – this is a highly reputable gambling regulator. Its main function is to manage online gambling sites and ensure fair games. Although the commission does not accept or manage player complaints, it requires casino operators to employ a dispute specialist who has an accreditation from the UKGC through the Alternative Dispute Resolution Service.
- Malta Gaming Authority – this is the body that players go to if they have complaints. For example, some casinos just freeze a player’s account without prior notice or justification. It has a dedicated team that works on credible player issues.
A Brief History of Casino Classic
Casino Classic claims to have been in operation for decades. But the site does not indicate any history or founders. A thorough investigation led us to find that it is owned by Casino Rewards Group, a company that operates a myriad of online gaming sites worldwide.
Classic Bonuses and Promotions
Classic currently offers one bonus. Take note that it is known for its aggressive campaign against players who seem to abuse bonus schemes. It is not unusual to hear a complaint from players that the casino restricted their access to their bonuses once they made a withdrawal.
Apart from the welcome bonus, the only available promotion is the loyalty program or VIP. It has six tiers that work based on VIP points. Every 100 points are worth $1 in your bankroll.
The company claims that its VIP members will get the following perks:
- Bigger bonuses
- Eligibility for promotions
- Birthday gifts and exclusive VIP games
- Personal hosts
- VIP Lucky Jackpot
Casino Classic is privy about the details of the VIP program. Nowhere in the website can you see a transparent breakdown of how you will rise up to the tiers. It does not even mention the different VIP levels and the specific perks for each level.
A player who signs up can get up to €500. However, this is not given to the players as a lump sum. The player has to make several deposits and this bonus is distributed in tranches as shown below:
- First Deposit – 100% matchup up to a maximum of €100
- Second Deposit – 50% matchup up to a maximum of €100
- Third Deposit – 25% matchup up to a maximum of €100
- Fourth Deposit – 50% matchup up to a maximum of €100
- Fourth Deposit – 100% matchup up to a maximum of €100
As you can see, your matchup bonus percentage decreases as you deposit and then goes back up to the fifth deposit. In essence, you need to deposit a total of €1,000 to get the €500 Welcome Bonus.
What’s not mentioned in the site is that this bonus amount for play will only be triggered if you meet a minimum deposit of £20. And once you deposit, your funds, along with the bonus, will be locked until you meet the 60X bonus wagering requirement.
Weekly and Monthly Promotions
The website claims in its FAQ section that VIPs are eligible for promotions with big bonuses. However, there is no ongoing promotion for the casino except for the sign-up bonus. It must be that these promotions are only visible to players who have signed up for an account and made a deposit.
Games Offered by Casino Classic
The casino boasts of over 550 games. But these are not accessible unless you log in. There is no way a non-player can explore the games available, and there is no mention of any live casinos within its offerings.
Upon investigation, the casino offers the following:
- Slots and Parlor Games
- Table Pokers
- Casino War
- Sic Bo
- Craps and Baccarat
- Video Pokers
- Caribbean Draw Poker
- Texas Hold’em Bonus Poker Gold
- Triple Action Hold’em Bonus Poker Gold
We also found out that it offers progressive jackpots for several of its slots. Below is a table that shows the prizes.
|Mega Moolah Mega||$11,471,470.00|
|Triple Sevens Blackjack||$25,434.00|
|Mega Moolah Major||$23,265.00|
The casino has a machine that shows the total running progressive jackpot that is available for play.
Since the casino is powered by Microgaming, one would find a variety of games from this developer. The most popular games are Tomb Raider and Mega Moolah. Part of the offering that slot fans may find inviting are the three-reel slots.
Those who love table games can choose from blackjack, roulette, and baccarat. All these games have smooth animations and real dealer voices. This is probably why the casino promotes its HD platform.
The casino is available on mobile and computer browsers. There is no download requirement for a program or app for most of its games. A player has the option to download a software to experience High Definition videos. To give you a perspective, here is a table that shows the games that need downloading and those that don’t.
|Game||For Download||Instant Games|
Payment Options for Deposits and Withdrawals
The casino accepts deposits from major credit cards from around the world. Players also have the option to transfer funds from banks and e-wallet services. To be specific, these are the financial institutions you can use to deposit money.
- Paysafe Card
- Visa Electron
- Kalibra Card
- Ticket Premium
- Direct Bank Transfer
- Instant Bank
- Instant Banking
- Instant Debit
The acceptable withdrawal methods for a payout are as follows:
- Visa Electron
Note that the primary method of withdrawal is through your deposit method. But in some instances, the casino may require you to select another withdrawal method, which the company calls Preferred Method of Payment (PMOP). This is where they will allow you to withdraw funds that are in excess of your initial deposit.
Not all of these deposit methods may be used for withdrawals.
Below is some information you need to know about withdrawing:
- Withdrawal timeframe – varies by type.
- E-Wallets – can take between 24-48 hours
- Credit and Debit Cards – the transfer will take between three to five business days. However, some credit or debit card issuers can take more than 30 days to reflect this change to your account.
- Bank Transfers – between 6 to 10 days
- Bank Check – can take as much as 21 days but the minimum is 10 days. This does not take into account the mailing period.
- Pending Time: 48 hours
- Withdrawal Limit: 4000 EUR per week
There are also withdrawal charges that one needs to know.
- CADEFT – free of charge
- DBT – the fee is typically €35 but withdrawals above €3000 will be charged €70
- All other methods – free of charge
There are only three withdrawal methods if you are from Canada:
- Skrill – formerly known as Moneybookers
- OCT – only available for Visa cardholders. The withdrawal will be made as a direct credit to the card
- CAD EFT or Echeck – you need to supply the correct routing number and ABA to ensure that the withdrawal is processed.
Service is available 24/7. It has a call centre for phone support, and it also offers an email as an alternative customer service channel. Live chat is offered if you click on the Contact Us link. Unlike many online casinos, there is a real person manning this chat.
The website does not display its phone number. If live chat is not your thing, you may send an email to [email protected].
The chat experience we had isn’t positive. You will not receive a decent answer if you belong to a country that the casino does not service. This means that if you want to know about its VIP program, you will not get a response if you are from a restricted country like the United States. You will only be told, “We do not support your country.”
Restricted or Accepted Countries, Currencies, and Supported Languages
Players from the following countries are not accepted:
- SAR China
- S. Minor Outlying Islands
- Hong Kong
- S. Virgin Islands
- United States
- S. Miscellaneous Pacific Islands
This is only a small list. Many players online complained that the casino restricts many countries. Upon registration, we found out that the casino supports only a handful of nations.
The website supports English, Deutsch, Francais, Svenska, and Dansk. And as far as currencies are concerned, it only accepts four:
Game Developers and Providers
Classic Casino is a Microgaming venue, which means that it hosts mostly games developed by this company. Microgaming is a software company based out in the UK. It is known for its award-winning games, and it has been in operation since 1994. It is the company that developed the first true Internet casino and the first mobile casino software, which it released in 2004.
Microgaming is the company that developed blockbuster games like Game of Thrones, Jurassic World, and Playboy. It holds the Guinness World of Records for the highest jackpot paid on an online slot when a player won €17,879,645.12 with a 25p bet.
Classic online casino is a very restrictive online casino. The site, which has a green theme, employs a minimalist approach. You do not see a lot of advertisements or shining banners.
The games look enticing, but the casino lacks good marketing. It forces a player to register and deposit without any prior knowledge of what is in store for him. The only promotion it offers is a €500 matchup bonus, which a player will not get until he deposits a total of €1,000. This ploy is deceitful, to say the least, as it is very misleading.
Most casinos offer a transparent bonus scheme. You get what is advertised. Casino Classic fails to do this and players will feel cheated if they signed up expecting for €500, not knowing that this Classic bonus is provided in tranches.
The website does not provide visibility on its wagering requirements. Only players who have attempted to withdraw will know this. And by the time they find out, it is too late. Their money is stuck in the casino.
The VIP is another promotion that is just about as vague as the casino’s wagering requirements. The perks are not uncommon. All casinos offer bonuses, VIP treatment, and exclusive games. The problem with Casino Classic is it does not tell the potential player what these are.
Overall, there is too much left to be desired. This is a casino that defies the norms in its industry. Potential players are kept in the dark and are left to experience things at the expense of an account registration and a deposit of real money.